How to resolve crashing on a Mac
The plug-ins in the Nik Collection utilize Arial fonts and in some situations, a duplicate Arial font may have been created which may cause unexpected errors. If you are experiencing otherwise inexplicable crashes with the plug-ins, removing all duplicate copies of the Arial fonts often resolves the crashes. To remove duplicate fonts, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Applications folder and open your Font Book.
- Scroll to the Arial fonts, then select the drop-down triangle to the left to view its contents.
- There should be only one instance of each format under Arial. For example, Arial should have Regular, Bold, Italic, and Bold Italic listed only once each.
- For any duplicates under Arial, right-click (or CTRL-click) on the duplicate and select “remove.”
- If any of the duplicates are grayed-out and say “off” next to them, right-click (or CTRL-click) on the duplicate and select “enable font,” then right-click a second time to select “remove.”
- Please repeat this process for all 'Arial' font duplicates, such as Arial Black, Arial Hebrew, etc.
- Once all duplicate Arial fonts have been removed, please quit Font Book and restart your system.