DxO ViewPoint 3 is available in two versions:
- A standalone application. DxO ViewPoint is autonomous. It only accepts images in JPEG or TIFF formats (see below for supported file formats). It cannot process RAW images, so you must first convert them to one of formats it does support. DxO ViewPoint applies perspective corrections to images, which can then be integrated into a second application for further processing.
- As plug-in to an external editor. The DxO ViewPoint plug-in can be used with :
- Lightroom 3, 4, 5 et 6 CC
- Photoshop Elements 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
- Photoshop CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6, CC
When an image has previously been opened in one of these applications, a command allows the file to be transferred temporarily to DxO ViewPoint. The image is then processed by DxO ViewPoint in its own workspace and then transferred back to the original software.
DxO ViewPoint can be installed simultaneously as standalone and plugin on your computer, allowing you to choose at any time between one or the other.