PLEASE NOTE: If the box to keep personal presets was unchecked during the installation/uninstallation process, we are not responsible for the potential loss of presets.
Use presets and recipes to enhance multiple images the same way. Presets can be found within Analog Efex Pro 2, HDR Efex Pro 2, and Silver Efex Pro 2.
Recipes, which enable you to quickly apply multiple filters at once, are a feature of Color Efex Pro 4.
How to export custom presets and/or recipes ?
When reinstalling the software or installing the software to a new computer, it may be necessary to export custom presets and recipes that you have created or imported in order to save them and import them again later. This is also how you would share your presets or recipes with friends and colleagues.
To export presets and recipes, please do the following:
- Open an image into the desired plug-in.
- Access the preset or recipe you would like to export. (Note: This will only work for the presets and recipes that you have created or imported. The rest of the presets and recipes are already built-in to the software.)
- Hover the cursor over the thumbnail image of the preset or recipe so that the icons appear, then click the arrow icon in the corner.
- Select a destination folder to export the files to and save. The files will end in “.np.”
if you want to export all your presets and recipes at once, please use the 'export all' button.
How to import custom presets and/or recipes ?
These exported preset and recipe files are now ready to be imported into the plug-ins.
Here is the procedure to import custom presets into Nik Collection by DxO:
This can be done manually or with the import function in the Nik Collection.
- Customer recipes should be moved from inside: /Users/<user_account>/Library/Preferences/Google/
- To: /Users/<user_account>/Library/Preferences/DxO/
For instance, for Color Efex Pro 4 customer recipes:
- From: /Users/<user_account>/Library/Preferences/Google/Color Efex Pro 4/UserPresets
- To: /Users/<user_account>/Library/Preferences/DxO/Color Efex Pro 4/UserPresets