This information applies to version(s): 5
The differences between the applications are numerous.
DxO FilmPack specializes in film and analog rendering, including:
- Film Effect (grain, rendering taken from original film material)
- Graphical effects (frame, texture, light leak)
- Lens effects (filters, creative vignetting, blur)
DxO FilmPack software works either as a standalone application, as a plugin for supported Adobe products, or as a plugin for DxO PhotoLab where it is tightly integrated (all of DxO FilmPack's features are available as DxO PhotoLab filters when activated).
Nik Collection is a comprehensive suite of eight standalone applications and plugins for working with geometry, light, tonality, color, B&W, HDR, sharpening, noise removal, and film/analog rendering.
Of these, three can be used for film and analog rendering and offer these features:
- Nik Silver Efex offers a rich palette of tools and renderings for black and white images, along with many B&W film simulations inherited from the original Nik Collection, plus those developed by DxO Labs.
- Nik Analog Efex simulates the rendering of many types of film cameras.
- Nik Color Efex offers a variety of color camera renderings and 'presets' for color photography, along with many color film simulations inherited from the original Nik Collection, plus those developed by DxO Labs.