Nik Collection documents
General Product InformationShow all
- What is the difference between the demo (free trial) version and the paid version of Nik Collection?
- How do I know if I have the latest version of the software?
- Why should I buy Nik Collection 5 instead of Nik Google? What is the value compared to Nik Google?
- Can I install or buy individual apps instead of the whole Nik Collection?
- When will the collection be completely renewed (new UI)?
- What are the new features?
System Requirements & CompatibilityShow all
- Does Nik Collection run on the newer Apple M1 processors?
- What are the system requirements for Nik Collection?
- Does Nik Collection support Capture One, Skylum Luminar, Mirage, or any other host software which is not listed?
- Does Nik Collection support 4k/Hi-Res Monitors?
- Can I use Nik Collection without an internet connection?
- Which file formats are supported for use with Nik Collection?
Upgrading & PurchasingShow all
- If I buy Nik Collection, can I get a special price for the purchase of other DxO products?
- I recently bought Nik Collection, am I eligible for a free upgrade or anything else?
- Why is my upgrade price the same as the new license pricing?
- I already own a license for Nik Collection, how can I upgrade?
- If I buy DxO PhotoLab 5 ESSENTIAL or ELITE, why don't I get Nik Collection 5 included?
- Is the DxO PhotoLab 5 ESSENTIAL license included with Nik Collection 5 a temporary license?
Installing & ActivatingShow all
- Does Nik Collection require internet access to activate?
- How can I download and install my software?
- How do I install Nik Collection for use with Affinity Photo?
- Why are Nik Collection apps either not appearing or are showing as duplicates within Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop Elements?
- How many computers can I install Nik Collection on? Can I use it on Mac and PC with the same license?
- How do I activate Nik Collection?
How to’s / FunctionalityShow all
- How can I manually export or import presets / recipes into Nik Collection by DxO from a pre-DxO version? (macOS only)
- How can I manually export or import presets / recipes into Nik Collection by DxO from a pre-DxO version? (Windows only)
- How can I import or export custom presets / recipes?
- How does a non-destructive workflow using Nik Collection work?
- Can I combine multiple plugins when using the non-destructive workflow?
- Can the non-destructive workflow be used in Adobe Photoshop or other third-party host software?
Error Conditions & MessagesShow all
- Why do I see the error message "Close application: Photoshop Elements File Agent" when I try to install Nik collection, even though Photoshop Elements is not currently running?
- Instructions NikCleanup Tool. (Windows only)
- I want to (re)install Nik Collection, but get a message, that the same version is already installed. (Windows only)
- Adobe Lightroom Issues: My plug-ins do not appear in Adobe Lightroom Classic CC after installing. How do I fix this?
- My plug-ins do not appear in Adobe Photoshop after installing. How do I fix this?
- Instructions Nik CleanupTool. (macOS only)