This information applies to version(s): 2018, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Usually, this problem is not related to Nik Collection, but to corrupted files in the Windows System (or lack of the necessary system updates). There are some possible ways to resolve the issue with the error message 0x80070643.
First of all, make sure that your system is up to date and all recommended updates are installed. Please check that the .NET Framework is not corrupted using Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from the official Microsoft page.
Download the file and run it as a usual installation file. During installation, I get an error message 0x80070643
System requirements don't mention Windows 10/11, but the tool was maintained until 2019 and seems to be working with Windows 10 as well.
Another option is to check for corrupted files with Command Prompt:
- Open Windows Searchbox and type cmd, you should see the Command Prompt app.
- Right-click on the app to open the sub-menu, here you need to select 'Run as Administrator'.
- In the opened window type in the following command: sfc /scannow.
- Press Enter to run the command and wait until it is finished.
- You should see a message like 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them...'
Also please try to delete Nik Collection using Windows Install and Uninstall troubleshooter:
- Download the troubleshooter from the official Microsoft page.
- Open the file and read the instructions. See that this app helps to get rid of problems that block standard installation and uninstallation processes. Click ’Next’.
- In the next step, you need to choose what you are having trouble with, in our case – ’Uninstalling’.
- In the next window you can find the program you want to delete. Please find 'NikCollection' among the suggested ones and click ’Next’.
- On the next step you need to confirm that the troubleshooter can delete the app. Click ‘Yes, try to uninstall’.
- In the next window you should see that the troubleshooter has found the problem and fixed it. You can click ‘Close the troubleshooter’.
Please also follow this path: C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Uninstall Nik Collection.exe and run the uninstaller to check whether there are some leftover files from previous Nik versions.
Please restart the computer after each of the steps, then try to reinstall Nik Collection.